Hey guysss ☺
I’m pretty excited to be writing this as it’s my first ever food post! And everybody loves food ♥
My favourite snack is cookies (and the reason why my diet restarts every Monday) so there really isn’t a better recipe to kick off the start of the food posts! Cookies (imo) are one of the easiest recipes out there and you’re bound to find all of the ingredients hiding in the back of your cupboard ☺
You will need:
- 200g butter (salted or unsalted, you choose)
- 300g caster sugar
- 335g self-raising flour
- 1 medium egg
- Chocolate of your choice – I used two whole bars in mine!
You will, of course, need a mixing bowl, wooden spoon/electric whisk, a baking tray and some baking paper!
1. First, line your baking trays with the baking paper and set the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Combine all of the sugar and butter until it’s a smooth consistency.
2. Mix in the egg. After that, gradually mix in the flour adding it in bit by bit. Adding all of it at once will just create a big, big mess (I learnt from my mistakes). You should end up with a cookie dough consistency. Duh..
3. Break up your chocolate bars and add them to the dough. I used white chocolate and peanut butter chocolate in mine to mix it up a bit! You’re better off using your hands to combine the dough and chocolate to make sure it’s all mixed in properly.
4. Separate the dough into as many cookies as you like. Mine were absolutely massive, literally the size of my hand and I managed to make eight with this recipe.
5. Place the cookie balls onto a tray and make sure you spread them out as much as you can to avoid them melting together. Leave them to bake for 10-12 minutes maximum.
When you take them out of the oven, they might not look or feel as if they’re cooked all the way through, but try to refrain for putting them in any longer as this is what makes them soft and chewy on the inside!
6. Leave them to cool for 30-60 minutes and then voila, you have delicious chocolate cookies! This whole process took no longer than half an hour (minus the cooling time).
Enjoy your cookies lovelys!! What’s your favourite (naughty) snack?
Thank you, hope this recipe has inspired some of you ☺